TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: CAREER OPPORTUNITY
NURSE PRACTICE LEADER (VENT PROGRAM UNIT)
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Closing date: Until filled
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at Church and Bloor Street, The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides specialized care to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation and Palliative Care services. Our organization is committed to collaborating with Patients and families in their journey through the health care system effectively supporting their integration back into the community.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a the Nurse Practice Leader (Vent Program Unit) leads and supports quality care outcomes through educational program planning, collaboration with members of the inter-professional team, implementation and evaluation processes to enhance knowledge, skills, and professionalism of clinical staff. The mission, vision, and values of the Professional Practice Department are achieved through education, clinical practice, and research processes
The ideal candidate will be passionate about best practice; have hands-on bed side nursing experience, and be successful at supporting the transfer of knowledge into practice at the point of care within a patient-centered care framework.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Executive, the Nurse Practice Leader (Vent Program Unti) leads and supports quality care outcomes through educational program planning, collaboration with members of the inter-professional team, implementation and evaluation processes to enhance knowledge, skills, and professionalism of clinical staff. The mission, vision, and values of the Professional Practice Department are achieved through education, clinical practice, and research processes.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Post diploma/degree education in Critical Care preferred.
- Certification in Critical Care.
- Preparation in Adult Education or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years clinical practice experience with demonstrated clinical excellence in Critical Care or related clinical area.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the specific discipline’s regulatory body.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership with professional organizations.(i.e. CNO, CNA, RNAO)
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and to foster an environment which promotes professional development.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within a specified time frame.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with pertinent legislation related to institutional health care and health care providers.
- Demonstrated ability to energize, coach, encourage, and support.
- Provides educational leadership to staff, patients, and care providers to enhance specialized patient care within established healthcare setting.
- Assists patients and caregivers with educational needs, problem resolution, and health management across the continuum of care.
- Collaborates and Liaises with Intensivists, patient care staff, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
- Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends, lab results, and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Provides direct specialized nursing services/education to an assigned group of patients (chronical critical ill patients). The provision of these services and education will assist nursing staff in providing specialized patient care within nursing protocols.
- Develops or implements patient care plans with the inter-professional team by incorporating evidenced-based research into practice.
- Serves as a resource to ensure quality patient care. Educates nursing staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments as applicable and coordinates inter-professional education for the inter-professional team with a focus on nursing staff.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job: Nurse Practice Leader (Vent Program), Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration