Home Care Navigation Supervisor - Permanent Full-Time
Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s Client & Family Centered Care community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a:
Home Care Navigation Supervisor - Hospital Programs- Permanent Full-Time
This innovative supervisory role will support a new pilot in which the supervisor will be embedded in the emergency department (ER) at an acute care hospital in the Toronto Central area. Working rotating 12 hours shifts and weekends. The goal is to facilitate better transition home and reduce ALC utilization by leveraging knowledge of geriatric health, acute health care priorities, home care service delivery and effectiveness in mobilizing a rapid response home care plan based on agreed pathways.
Working as part of an integrated team that includes personal support, nursing and rehab services, this role will require exceptional relationship building skills to foster better collaboration between the acute care and home care sectors. This new role will involve case finding, program support, clinical oversight, data collection, research participation and effective communication. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with clients, families and members of the ER team to promote better transitions and safe care at home. They will also work collaboratively with our project team which includes home care and community support partners.
While the pilot program is time limited, we anticipate this role will evolve as we continue to develop additional programs with our hospital partners and additional opportunities for our Ontario Health Team partnerships in the Toronto Central geography.
The Integrated Team Supervisor will provide program support, clinical support, supervision and oversight for the purpose of monitoring practice standards, client care needs and outcomes as well as occasional direct care if indicated. Monitoring resource utilization and successful results in key performance indicators in the provision of nursing (RN and RPN), Personal Support (PSW) and Rehab (OT, PT, DT, SW, SLP) services within a specific program(s).
Working with a client and family-centred philosophy, you will work with interdisciplinary teams to provide clinical leadership, expertise and consultation to enhance the quality of care and improve overall quality of life.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for this position:
- Degree in Nursing and current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Graduate Degree in Nursing, Project Management or Health Administration
- Ongoing membership with professional associations an asset
- 5-years progressive experience in nursing, including acute care and home care experience, of which 2 years include experience in a supervisory role
- Good understanding of the health care services and delivery processes in the community/home care sector
- Strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put evidence-based knowledge into practice
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills and the ability to coach, and motivate inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to model and lead a team in the provision of client and family-centred care, including client/ family-centred assessment, documentation, and advocacy
- History of project management or program leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or skills in the use of information technology for electronic clinical documentation and clinical decision support
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation related to practice standards, standards of safety and quality, and employment standards including human rights legislation
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong organizational and self-management skills, and with demonstrated ability to achieve personal, professional and organizational performance targets
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and excellent skills in customer service
- Clear, logical thinker and innovative problem solver with demonstrated advanced judgement and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and continuous professional growth
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job may be required
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.