TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: CAREER OPPORTUNITY
NURSE CLINICAL EDUCATOR
TEMPORARY 12 MONTH CONTRACT (possibility to become permanent)
Monday – Friday with availability to cover other shifts and weekends as required
Job # 09242019- Nurse Clinical Educator
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at Church and Bloor Street, The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides specialized care to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation and Palliative Care services. Our organization is committed to collaborating with Patients and families in their journey through the health care system effectively supporting their integration back into the community.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Nurse Clinical Educator who will help lead significant change as we prepare for the implementation of an integrated model of care delivery for increasingly medically complex patients. The successful candidate will be a competent and experienced nurse in the area of critical care in order to support the education, clinical training and professional development of nurses and other clinicians at the point of care.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about best practice; have hands-on bed side nursing experience, and be successful at supporting the transfer of knowledge into practice at the point of care within a patient-centered care framework.
- Current registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario and in good standing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years clinical experience in critical care, and wound care required
- Experience working with often unpredictable medically complex patients
- Extensive experience facilitating and supporting the transfer of knowledge into practice at the point of care
- Ability to assess staff learning needs and address knowledge gaps providing and facilitating education using a variety of methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Understanding of adult education/training techniques and ability to prepare and teach in both classroom and clinical settings including just in time education at the point of care
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- Decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, prioritize effectively deliver to deadline
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, especially the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent performance and attendance record required
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing job: Job # 09242019- Nurse Clinical Educator
Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration