- London InterCommunity Health Centre
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Contract type
The Diabetes Team at the London InterCommunity Health Centre seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Dietitian (RD) committed to providing high quality education and healthcare services to people living with diabetes, as well as people who are at risk of developing diabetes.
The DEP – RN/RD provides high quality diabetes care, prevention services, education and programs to clients of the Health Centre and the broader community. In this role, The DEP-RN/RD will provide individual diabetes education counselling, community outreach and health promotion/ education to individuals, families and the community.
The Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian, Diabetes works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team supported by physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, community development workers, and support staff.
This full time position requires a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend hours.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario or
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years diabetes clinical experience, preferably in a primary care;
- Awareness of and understanding of the social determinates of health, health promotion and Adult Education Principles;
- Provide thorough, holistic assessment, monitoring and education for clients with diabetes taking into consideration the client’s level of knowledge, readiness, socio-economic and cultural background, psychological factors, medical and nutrition profile;
- Provide one-to-one nursing care to clients living with diabetes, including education and support in insulin initiation and titration;
- Experience facilitating individual and group education sessions;
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgemental and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records in accordance with the Health Centre’s policies;
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products and Electronic Medical Records
- French and other language proficiency is considered an asset
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position by forwarding a covering letter, stating the position title in your covering letter, and resume by Friday October 11 at 4:00pm to the attention of Adriana Diaz:
Mail: London InterCommunity Health Centre 659 Dundas Street London, Ontario, N5W 2Z1
Fax: (519) 642-1532
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity
of the clients and community that we serve.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.