- Hourly rate, inclusive of expenses
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
- Administration / Office, Care Coordination, Other - Area of Practice
Do you have an inquisitive nature, grit, sound judgment and a strong work ethic? This could be the opportunity for you.
The RHRA is seeking candidates to build a pool of qualified individuals interested in the flexible part-time/casual role of Assessor / Inspector to undertake routine inspections across Ontario.
Inspector/Assessors will be responsible for inspecting, evaluating, educating, liaising, and advising on matters relating to the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations. These include the care and safety standards for retirement homes, the rights of residents, and policies and facilities for the operation of retirement homes.
Successful candidates will work independently to:
- Conduct routine inspections of retirement homes, in accordance with the provisions of the Act, its regulations, and RHRA procedures;
- Keep the RHRA informed about high-risk issues arising from inspections and, as necessary, consult with the RHRA and/or other designated system partners;
- Educate retirement home operators and staff on legislative compliance requirements by providing general information or making reference to appropriate resources;
- Prepare inspection reports and, when necessary, articulate compliance-related findings during legal proceedings;
- Develop draft correspondence and reports to licensee/operators and the public; and
- Identify opportunities for the development of supports, tools, policies and programs, regarding compliance and enforcement processes.
- 5 years’ relevant, progressive and varied compliance verification and/or evaluative experience in nursing, retirement home operations, or regulatory environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (nursing, public health, health sciences; advanced geriatric education, or other applicable discipline is preferred) or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A background in nursing, public health, and/or retirement home operations would be considered a great asset.
- Minimum driver’s license class G or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario (must own reliable motor vehicle).
- Knowledge and experience working with vulnerable populations including older adults, is highly desired.
- Bilingualism, French and English, written and spoken, is an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to effectively, assertively and diplomatically communicate with all stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, a curious nature and the ability to be both resourceful and attentive to details.
- Understanding of the rules of evidence and proper evidence collection techniques. Ability to effectively interpret and apply legislation.
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Exceptional ability to perform in a high volume, politically sensitive, fluid environment with minimum supervision and to exercise initiative and sound independent judgment.
- Ability to effectively work independently while being part of a larger team.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality during inspections. Ability to lead/manage an inspection, with demonstrated success conducting interviews.
- Computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office productivity tools, including Word, Outlook and Internet search capabilities.
Other Requirements: Satisfactory professional, criminal and vulnerable sector reference checks. Must have your own phone and computer with adequate internet connectivity to transmit data electronically and securely. Must abide by strict confidentiality and privacy requirements.
Working Conditions: This position requires willingness to travel extensively and on short notice usually in an assigned region, and may require travel to other parts of Ontario. Occasional irregular work hours during weekends and public holidays may also be required. Moderate physical activity will be required during inspections, primarily walking throughout retirement homes.
RHRA has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse ( 2 positions); Nurse…
Centre de sante communautaire Hamilton Niagara
Joseph Brant Hospital
Professional Practice Lead
Educator/ Clinical Resource Leader
Michael Garron Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Practical Nurse…
St. Joseph's Care Group