- County of Elgin
- County of Elgin - Terrace Lodge in Aylmer, ON
- $121,867.20 to $142,578.80 plus benefits package
- Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Administration / Office, Care Coordination
Terrace Lodge is a municipal long-term care home located in the Township of Malahide, at the edge of Aylmer, Ontario and owned by the County of Elgin. The home provides quality care to 100 residents.
Reporting to the Director of Homes and Seniors Services, the Administrator of Terrace Lodge is responsible for the leadership, direction, and management of Terrace Lodge. Key responsibilities include budgeting, providing direction for care and service delivery, and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for residents and staff. This is a unionized environment.
The municipality is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in a related field such as health sciences as well as long term care administration certificate through the CHA or AdvantAge Ontario.
- Five-plus years of progressively responsible senior management experience in public or private long-term care.
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, financial acumen, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate, and collaboratively work with others; foster trust and respect with all stakeholders;
- Solid understanding of current provincial initiatives, standards, legislation, and requirements for success in the regulatory environment of long-term care.
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills; • Strong computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Office;
- Experience and training in continuous quality improvement and change management an asset; and
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to reliable vehicle to perform duties.