- Renfrew Victoria Hospital
- Non-union rates applicable
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Care Coordination
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent part time Nursing Coordinator.
The Nursing Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of patient care as well as coordination of hospital resources to ensure proper staffing and utilization of hospital beds. S/he acts as resource for all departments, and functions in a leadership role after-hours.
REQUISITE SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (or equivalent).
- Broad clinical skills and experience including Medical/Surgical and Emergency Room settings.
- ACLS, C.P.R. and I.V. Certifications.
- Excellent communication, organizational and team leadership skills to effectively direct staff and co-ordinate the interdisciplinary plan of patient care.
- Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
- Familiarity with a unionized setting and staffing practices will be considered strong assets.
- Nursing leadership courses or evidence of continuing learning an asset.
- Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
Our culture is a team based, positive and collaborative one, so we are looking for a candidate with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills who can provide support in this environment. This position will include tours as per schedule on days, evenings and weekends. This is a Non-union position and offers progression through a competitive wage grid, optional health & dental benefits, optional enrolment in the HOOPP pension plan and ongoing educational opportunities.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
Applicants are invited to submit their application via the RVH Careers page citing job # 20-105. Alternatively, please send your resume and cover letter addressed to Chris Ferguson, Chief Nursing Executive to HR@renfewhosp.com.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. All new hires may be required to obtain a Criminal Record Check as well as their immunization status/immunity to a select group of communicable illnesses as a pre-condition of employment. All information provided will be kept confidential. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851, extension 275.