Senior Director, Inpatient Services
Senior Director, Inpatient Services
Youthdale is seeking a dynamic and inspiring leader for its in-patient and crisis services. This is an exciting time to join Youthdale! With a new CEO and Senior Leaders, your experience as a Regulated Health Professional and collaborative leadership skills will be central to the implementation of Youthdale’s strategic and operating plans.
You will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will provide clinical leadership and maintain the highest standard of clinical competencies in the delivery of services for all clients in your assigned portfolio. Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the operation of clinical programs under both the Mental Health Act and the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and provide leadership and clinical oversight to the Acute Support Unit, Transitional Psychiatric Unit, Transitional Age Unit and Crisis/Mobile Support Teams. We will also count on you to provide leadership in the Agency’s inter-professional practice strategy.
Areas of Responsibilities
As Senior Director, Inpatient Services, you will:
- Assume overall responsibility for the oversight and management of the clinical services of Youthdale ensuring services are in line with best practices.
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, develop, monitor and lead the implementation of the strategic and operational plan.
- Ensure the highest quality services to the clients of Youthdale ensuring clinical programs are evidence informed and meet the standards and requirements of the Ministries of Children, Community and Social Services, Health and the standards of Accreditation Canada.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team in developing clinical policy, high quality service standards, and a quality improvement process.
- Ensure the effective management of human, financial and physical resources of Youthdale’s clinical programs. Follow and ensure compliance of appropriate agency policies and procedures and corresponding legislation related to finance, physical assets and human resources.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors and government representatives as required.
- Improve organizational success in all staff functions through the lens of diversity, inclusion, and equity by supporting the Agency’s diversity and inclusion strategy. Supports communication, education, and training plans that increase awareness and understanding of diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of engaging youth and families as key stakeholders in the Agency’s policies, processes and clinical services.
- Serve as point person for all clinical service related client complaint processes.
- In collaboration with the Psychiatrist in Chief, provide leadership in the development and implementation of Ministry funded programs by developing and implementing policies and procedures to comply with legislative requirements; liaising with representatives from government and other internal/external stakeholders, and providing general oversight to all activities related to Ministry funded programs.
- Lead in the design, implementation and evaluation of structures and processes to advance inter-professional practice and education.
- In collaboration with the Inter-professional Team, set evidence informed clinical practice standards; maintain and assist with the implementation of clinical policies and procedures to enable best client outcomes supportive of the Agency’s strategic directions.
- Assess risks in all programs and services and develop a strategy to mitigate risks.
- Establish clinical objectives and benchmarks for program areas and evaluates regularly to ensure operational criteria are met.
- Lead in the standardization of clinical documentation.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of a clinical corporate learning strategy with objectives based on clinical needs as identified by operations, clinical staff, and best practice and supports the agency to develop a research agenda
- Ensure clinical excellence through the hiring, supervision, training and development of staff.
- Develop and nurture an inter-professional environment and encourage and support the teaching and training of students, interns and residents
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships and alliances with partners who will advance the Agency’s strategic priorities
- Regulated Health Care Professional and registration with Professional College
- Undergraduate degree in a health discipline
- Master’s degree in a Health Discipline, Social Sciences, Public/Health Administration, Education or equivalent
- Minimum of eight years of related experience with at least 5 years held at a management level
- Experience in a residential or inpatient health care environment, preferably with children and youth in a mental health setting
- Demonstrated track record of leading, influencing and executing on partnership development and inter-professional practice
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing organizational change in a clinical, inter-disciplinary setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to lead and establish positive partnerships and relations with all key stakeholders: clients, families, staff, and community partners
- Personal alignment with Youthdale’s guiding principles
ABOUT YOUTHDALE TREATMENT CENTRES
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated health care professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, occupational therapists, child and youth workers and other health care specialists.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 13, 2020. Please insert Senior Director, Inpatient Services in the subject line.