Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Registered Nurse - ICU
Registered Nurses possess a defined body of advanced knowledge, clinical skills, procedural skills and professional attitudes, which are directed to effective patient and family-centered care. In serving as the leader of the Coordinated Care Team, Registered Nurses have a pivotal role in care planning, coordination and delivery and in ensuring high level functioning of the health care team. RNs apply both their clinical knowledge as well as their leadership skills to collect and interpret information, make appropriate nursing clinical decisions, and carry out therapeutic nursing interventions. Their care is characterized by up-to-date, ethical, and resource-efficient clinical practice as well as with effective communication in partnership with patients, families and other health care providers. This position in the ICU also includes assignments within the Critical Care.
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Critical Care Nursing Certificate issued from Community College OR Equivalent experience in Critical Care setting required
- CNA Certification an asset
- Current BLS, ACLS
- Demonstrated ability to care for patients with: ventilators, tracheostomy, arterial line, epidural
- Certified in insertion and care of IVs, venipuncture, EKG; central lines.
- Must be willing to work additionally on the Critical Care Rapid Response Team following appropriate education required.
- Demonstrated motivation to pursue educational goals.
- Strong leadership skills and experience taking the lead in multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to implement plan of care including independent and interdependent nursing
- Demonstrated ability to participate in unit quality initiatives and measurements including the
collection of workload statistics.
- Demonstrated understanding of accountability based practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- Must be prepared to work in all areas of Medicine Health Service (skills & abilities considered).
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network
(TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff
safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart