Registered Nurse - Resource Float
Riverside Health Care is a fully accredited multi-site, multi-faceted health care system providing service to the Rainy River District in spectacular Northwestern Ontario. Our health care sites across the District serve a catchment area of over 20,000 residents in 15,500 square kilometers.
As a Resource Float nurse you will perform a full range of professional nursing duties on a variety of patient care units. You may be reassigned during the duration of your shift to the area with the predominate need.
Salary: $33.56 - $48.05
Benefits: Asper collective agreement, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, group, insurance, pension plan, and vision care
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Security and Safety: Immunization records; Tuberculosis; Criminal record check; basic security clearance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Performs according to the Standards of Nursing Practice set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario and in compliance with the policies, procedures and standards of Riverside Health Care Facilities.
- Accepts clinical responsibility and professional accountability for the care delivered to assigned patients.
- Functions as a staff nurse or team leader.
- Delegate, supervise, and evaluate patient care of the RPN’s and HCA’s as applicable.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, fulfilling responsibilities as a member of the nursing discipline.
- Carry out all work assignments safely and be knowledgeable or and in compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Exercises behaviour consistent with Riverside Health Care’s Code of conduct
- Demonstrates Riverside Health Care’s Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Growth.
- Complies with the Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses (Canadian Nurses Association) and The Ethical Framework for Nurses in Ontario (College of Nurses of Ontario).
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse;
- For speciality areas, completion of a recognized post-basic course in the applicable clinical area or at least one year’s satisfactory clinical experience;
- Three (3) years recent experience Nursing;
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS);
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC);
- Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS);
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program;
- Obstetrical & Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour education and experience acceptable to the organization;
- Completion of recognized ICU program acceptable to the Organization;
- Certification in Emergency Nursing through CNA preferred;
- Completion of Emergency Nursing program preferred;
- Willingness to participate in moreOB;
- Demonstrate critical thinking, leadership, and mentoring skills;
- Experience working with Geriatric patients with complex medical needs, preferred;
- Exhibits the ability and competence to work with computer systems and applications;
- Demonstration of strong nursing practice, skill and judgement;
- Willing to work flexible hours, including days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
Interested candidates are invited to confidentially explore this opportunity or submit their resume and cover letter to: Human.Resources@rhcf.on.ca or fax at 807 274 2898. Visit our website https://riversidehealthcare.ca/ for more details.
Riverside Health Care Facilities is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
- Application form: Application for Employment (165kb) (the link will open in a new window)