Community Nursing Opportunities - RPN and RN Welcome!
Join our team and have the opportunity to use all of your skills and knowledge providing care to clients in the community!
For the past 21 years, Partners in Community Nursing (PICN) has been dedicated to growing and nurturing the finest community based health care professionals, while servicing our clients within Durham Region. PICN's vision is client confidence through quality service and innovation.
Partners in Community Nursing employs nurses under one of two programs: The Shift Program, and the Visiting Program. Both have the opportunity for a school component to expand your variety, and to ensure that we deliver seamless, quality care to our clients. PICN offers our employees flexible schedules, paid mileage, extensive paid training and skills development, and competitive shift differential rates.
- Practices within his/her scope of practice according to the College of Nurses Standards of Practice for the Registered Practical Nurse.
- Uses best practices to administer medications and treatments to clients; monitor administration of intravenous fluids; place orders for medication.
- Autonomous practitioner with consistent and reliable interviewing, assessment, planning, evaluation and discharge-planning skills.
- Ensure that all patient documentation meets the standards, guidelines, policies and procedures of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and Partners in Community Nursing.
- Interact with clients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Promotes client, family, and caregiver involvement and independence.
- Use sound and proper nursing techniques when treating clients in compliance with all procedures and policies.
- Assess clients’ safety status, including physical environment, make recommendations, implement interventions and advocate on client’s behalf to ensure client’s safety is maintained.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Ensure that nursing care provided to the patient accurately reflects appropriate nursing interventions based on current and best practices.
- Current registration in good standing as a Nurse with College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Valid Ontario driver's license and reliable vehicle required.
- Current CPR Certification
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written required.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience working in the community setting is considered a strong asset.
- Experience as a community Shift nurse preferable
- Excellent patient assessment and teaching skills.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, clinical knowledge, time management and customer focus skills..
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Constant travel is required throughout the Durham Region Borders
- Interacts with clients, family members, other staff
- Manual dexterity required to use electronic devices (i.e. tablet, phone, desktop computer) and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
New Recruit Incentives
Remain employed and accumulate 1,950 nursing hours with PICN, receive $5,000! Applicable for Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com - or call 905-665-1711 for details.
Partners In Community Nursing accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance.