The Associate Director of Resident Care is responsible for the daily planning and co-ordination of resident care, direct supervision of nursing staff, infection control monitoring and providing leadership in health and safety. Assists the Director of Resident Care in providing supervision of nursing and personal care services to ensure an outstanding level of resident care is maintained and enhanced on a continuous basis, in accordance with the policies ofthe County and applicable legislation. As a valued member of Long Term Care and Seniors Services, the Associate Director of Resident Care demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Supervises and assists in the development and co-ordination of a comprehensive needs based plan of care developed through such venues as admission, annual and special care conferences, resident and family meetings and ongoing consultation.
2. Assist with the admission, discharge and transfer processes for all residents of the Home.
3. Assist the Director of Resident Care in the management of an employee Attendance Management Program for the Nursing Department to ensure effective human resource management and day to day operations.
4. Monitor nursing and personal care services to ensure they meet all applicable legislation.
5. Assist the Director of Resident Care in maintaining an organized program of nursing services to meet resident’s nursing and personal care needs consistent with the professional standards of practice of the College of Nurses and the Ministry of Health Long Term Care Program Standards.
6. Assist in the delegation of clinical and supervisory responsibilities to appropriately qualified staff, according to the applicable legislation and standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
7. Develop and monitor a facility-wide infection control program, provide infection surveillance and outbreak management activities.
8. Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
9. Ensure that information obtained by nursing staff is documented appropriately and is available to relevant members of the health care team, resident and family in a professional manner, consistent with facility policies and procedures for maintaining confidentiality of information.
10. Purchase equipment and supplies according to needs, budget limitations and purchasing policy as approved by the Director of Resident Care.
11. Assist in the development and implementation of Nursing programs and related policies and procedures.
12. Develop and maintain effective relationships with the residents, families, the general public,management, other service providers, committees, organizations, institutions and others. Promotes co-operation of services/programs with community agencies and other health care providers.
13. Provide leadership and supervision to Nursing Department staff in a manner that motivates, guides and directs employees to the realization of departmental goals and objectives. Maintain a work environment that promotes staff participation, teamwork and positive labour relations.
14. Review and approve staff scheduling as required. Facilitate orientation and training programs and oversee day-to-day activities of staff according to County policies and guidelines.
15. Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of resident safety principles and practices into all day to day activities. Follows all safe work practices and procedures and immediately communicates any activity or action which may constitute a risk to resident safety.
16. Assist in the recruitment, evaluation, discipline and termination of personnel.
17. Prepare and present written reports as required.
18. Participate in committees as required.
19. Effectivelyutilizes all electronic systems provided.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
21. Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Long Term Care Homes Act, and their regulations in performing duties in a safe manner and follows all County of Simcoe Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation.
22. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
• Strong knowledge of health care principles obtained through the completion of a diploma and/or degree in Nursing, with additional education or equivalent in the care of seniors.
• Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses as a Registered Nurse.
• Strong understanding of policies and related legislation or initiatives and their significance and potential impact.
• Very good leadership and supervisory skills and ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet application skills.
• Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
• As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
• Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset (Georgian Village only).
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressively responsible, related positions, preferably in a long-term care setting.
• 2 years in an Associate Director ofResident Care, Nurse Manager or similar position is preferred.
• Experience in the supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements.
• Visual and mental effort required when preparing and reviewing reports.
• This position is located in a long term care facility, exposure to illnesses and germs are possible on a daily basis.
More search results
London InterCommunity Health Centre
Professor, Collaborative BScN and Bridging to Uni…
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital