Making Moments Matter
Carpenter Hospice is a home in the heart of Burlington that offers both residential-based care and community-based programs to people living with a life limiting illness. It lets residents spend their final days together with loved ones in an environment that is peaceful, comfortable and meaningful. It provides support to program participants with psychosocial, mental-emotional, and practical support, and those who care for them, in a friendly and caring setting.It is staffed by a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who provide compassionate, palliative care to meet needs and ensure that each moment counts.
Client and Program Manager (Full Time)
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Client and Program Manager (CPM) is responsible for the overall management of the Hospice’s Residential and Community Outreach programs. Working with the Program Coordinators, the CPM ensures all hospice programs and services support and advance palliative care in Burlington and meets the needs and expectations of its residents and clients. The Client and Program Manager supports the organization's strategic direction by creating and managing each program’s short and long term goals. The CPM manages the development of the budgets and operating plans for programs including writing program funding proposals. Utilizing diverse and consistent leadership skills, the CPM promotes quality care and an exceptional client experience in support of the program coordinators. The CPM contributes to our organizational culture of innovation, teamwork and inter-professional collaboration.
In the role of Client and Program Manager you are accountable to the organization including the Board of Directors, Executive Director and colleagues, ensuring you perform your duties in accordance with the highest standards and best practices in palliative care, time management and fiscal responsibility. You are accountable to the residents, their families and program participants, ensuring we practice ethically, honestly and efficiently to offer the safest, most sustainable care. You will be accountable to donors, meeting public expectation that funds will be utilized appropriately and provide the best possible return on their investment in order to best serve residents and the community.
In the role, you are expected to demonstrate professionalism through excellence in knowledge, judgement and behaviour. In the course of your duties, you will consistently demonstrate our core values of respect, honesty and equity. You will honour confidentiality and the autonomy of the residents and staff. You will demonstrate appropriate conflict resolution strategies and participate in reflective practice to identify challenges and contribute to solutions.
Duties include but not limited to…
- Manage hospice programs (including Program Coordinators) in accordance with the vision, mission, policies and strategic direction adopted by the Board of Directors
- Develop new and innovative programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinators, as well as the Executive Director and Finance Manager, create and maintain annual budgets and operating plans for each program
- Develop and manage an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Manage and motivate a workforce composed of paid staff and volunteers to create a culture of openness and collaboration
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance
- Produce and manage accurate and timely reporting of program status
- Analyze and manage program risks
- Manage all best practices and legislative requirements for a healthy work environment (i.e. ESA, AODA, WSIB, OH&S, Fire Safety etc.)
- Deals with resident and family complaints and escalates to the Executive Director when appropriate
- Alternates the on-call duties with other members of the leadership on-call team for any after hour issues that may arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education/degree related to healthcare/community management and leadership, and/or related work experience
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years successful senior leadership experience in health and community care, preferably in a not-for-profit field
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and interact constructively with all levels of stakeholders, employees and volunteers
- Strong analytical, collaboration, organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated exceptional written, oral and presentation skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, teamwork and management skill
- Proficiency with various software programs such as MS Office Suite (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher).
Schedule of Hours
Monday to Friday, thirty seven and a half (37.5) hours per week (may need to work occasional evenings/weekends to meet program/event needs)
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors and other agencies
- Travel may be required
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients
- Ability to move/lift 20lbs repeatedly and without restrictions
- This job may require sitting or standing for long periods of time
- You may be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, twist, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Exposure to bodily fluids
- Exposure to hazardous materials such as cleansers, medications etc.
- Exposure to infectious diseases
- Some travel required
How to Apply
We encourage all candidates with the right skill mix and abilities to please send résumés and cover letters by email before the closing date of September 25, 2019 to: email@example.com
Carpenter Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
London InterCommunity Health Centre
Professor, Collaborative BScN and Bridging to Uni…
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital