Founded in 1988, Casey House Hospital provides a continuum of care in a comfortable environment for adults living with HIV/AIDS, through a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community care services. Casey House employs an inter-professional team who is committed to providing compassionate care.
Casey House aspires to establish a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner to join our Day Health Program. If you have a passion for supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs and have an interest in health equity and working within a harm reduction framework, consider this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: Nursing Practitioner
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday (after-hours, on-call supervisory responsibilities as required)
Status: Permanent full-time, Management level
As an integral member of a multidisciplinary leadership team, the Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with members of the Day Health Program to provide trauma-informed clinical care to Casey House clients. Leading a small, skilled team of RNs, the NP will help shape and develop our nursing clinic model, provide transitional primary care services, and respond to acute needs of our clients whom already have a primary care provider. As the Day Health Program evolves to meet the needs of our community, the NP is expected to play a key role in the development of expanded harm reduction services. This may include work in the areas of supervised consumption services, safer supply programs and HIV prevention initiatives.
- Provision of comprehensive primary nursing services to DHP clients, and in outreach settings
- Lead nursing and primary care activities within the Nursing Clinic including but not limited to: medical directives, clinic processes and procedures, clinical pathways, health promotion activities, health education initiatives, wound management and primary care nursing activities
- Provide direct line-management and leadership to team of skilled registered nurses
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, including physiotherapist, recreation therapists, massage therapists, mental health clinicians and social workers to provide holistic compassionate goal-driven care to Casey House clients
- Support the evolutions of a responsive program to meet the needs of a diverse group of current and future clients
- Promote and support a climate of continuous quality improvement and clinical excellence.
- Liaise with the Chief Medical Officer and Inpatient team to provide seamless transitions between the Inpatient and Day Health Programs
- Participate as a member of the Casey House Leadership Team
- Act as an expert resource for trauma-informed primary care provided within a harm reduction framework
- Participates on teams and external committees to plan, coordinate and deliver new and existing services, communicate information, resolve problems and achieve the goals of the program
- Advocate for patients/clients, to protect and promote their rights to dignity, respects, privacy, confidentiality, autonomy and access to information.
- Role-model practice consistent with Casey Houses’ values and philosophy of care
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (RNEC) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Successful completion of a Controlled Substances Prescribing course
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certification
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
- A minimum two years’ practice experience as a Nurse Practitioner (just
- Previous direct supervisory role an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience planning services and supervising staff, students and volunteers in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated commitment to, and knowledge of, harm reduction and anti-oppressive frameworks of practice
- Comprehensive understanding of community-based services and supports which address issues of poverty, gender equity, homelessness, marginalization, mental health and substance use
- Extensive knowledge of the issues arising from disabilities, deteriorating mental/physical health and of the conditions which contribute to social isolation, discrimination and racism
- Experience working with clients with HIV/AIDS preferred;
- Experience working in areas of Safer Consumption Services and/or Safer Supply preferred
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The District Municipality of Muskoka
Registered Nurses (Obstetrics, Operating Room, Ac…
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Director, Integrated Health Systems and Partnersh…
Spectrum Health Care