Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James and Hudson Bay coast. WAHA is comprised of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA provides regional outpatient programs, as well as paramedic services, in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as the involvement of vibrant First Nation communities within the region. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements
- Experienced professional who can lead, work within, and motivate a team
- Demonstrated critical thinker with ability to think analytically
- Strong ability to identify, create, and implement operational efficiencies
- Proven professional experience who has strong knowledge of nursing practice
- Strong knowledge of First Nations health care and the Western James Bay Coast
- Organizes and controls the operation of the unit so that it performs within budgetary limits and in the most effective and efficient manner in accordance with the annual work plan.
- Supporting team members in their roles and responsibilities
- To manage change in the workplace, shifting roles and responsibilities and being responsive to feedback from customers/patients
- Maintain productivity standards and practices, effective time management, and prioritization of work.
- Complete documentation, accurate statistical data, and reports in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of critical success factors for the delivery for the delivery of primary and emergency care settings where physicians are not always on-site
- The Regional Clinical Manager will have a health background to oversee and support the implementation of regional health promotion and prevention programs (ie: dental, diabetes education, Indigenous Children’s Eye Exam (ICEE), Sexually Transmitted and Blood-Borne Infections (STBBI) and other forthcoming initiatives and as applicable). Pivotal to this, the Regional Clinical Manager will provide oversight and ability to coordinate and implement clinical strategies that support the Minomathasowin department.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or in progress is required; Health background
- Master’s degree or willingness to obtain is considered an asset
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills
- 2 years experience in a healthcare or unionized workplace
- Ability to communicate in the local native Cree language is an asset
More search results
Community Nursing Opportunities - RPN and RN Welc…
Partners in Community Nursing
County of Bruce
Nurses Practitioner - Long Term Care Homes
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care
RN - Diabetes Educator
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Registered Nurse - OR/IPD/ER
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority