Community Health Nurse, RN position
To provide service to the two communities of Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation and Wabauskang First Nation located within the Dryden Tribal area.
The goals of all community health prevention and promotion activities are to promote healthy life choices using a community development and population health framework.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Community based health prevention and promotion activities to promote healthy life choices;
• Maternal-Infant Health; prenatal clinics/classes, postnatal visits/classes, and other activities directly related to Maternal Infant Health;
• Child Health; child health clinics, injury prevention education, and nutrition guidance;
• School Health Activities; vision tests, hearing screening, and being a health resource to teachers;
• Adolescent Health; educational and prevention activities on current adolescent issues/concerns;
• Adult Health; screening and prevention activities for diseases such as cancer, diabetes, hypertension and health education for healthy life choices;
• Immunization for infants; children and adults as appropriate and applicable;
• Record and report information properly and;
• Travel to the two First Nations of Wabigoon and Wabauskang
• Registered Nurse with a Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Community Nursing or First Nation Inuit Health Branch Training in Community Health Nursing is preferred;
• Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Minimum 1 year experience in Community Health Nursing;
• Cultural sensitivity and experience working with First Nations;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member;
• Computer skills;
• Ability to speak and understand Ojibway will be considered an asset.
• Previous experience working in First Nations Community
• Understanding of Anisinaabe community process and dynamics
• Understanding of tradition indigenous knowledge, customs and practices
• Class G License and use of a reliable vehicle available. Travel is required to communities
Candidates for this position will have: initiative; excellent problem-solving skills; excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills; proficient in the use of computers and software applications.
CPIC – Vulnerable Sector Check
Personal Professional Liability Insurance – minimum $2 million
Location: Dryden, Ontario
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Closing: Friday October 23, 2020
Allan Luby, Executive Director
Paawidigong First Nations Forum Inc.
P.O. 326 105 King St.
Tel: 807-223-5080 Fax: (807) 223-5012
www.pfnf.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and
Please send via email to email@example.com
(ensure your email subject, clearly indicates Diabetes and Foot Care Nurse RN Position) We thank all candidates for applying however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. A criminal record check is required prior to an offer of employment.
More search results
SCHOOL NURSE - FULL TIME CONTINUING POSITION
University of Toronto Schools
Registered Nurse - ICU
Michael Garron Hospital
Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist (NP/…
St. Joseph's Health Care, London
Registered Nurse - Resource Float
Riverside Healthcare Facilities
Part Time After Hours Supervisor - Clinical Opera…
Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care