DAY/NIGHT; WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 HOUR SHIFTS; (Subject to change)
CORPORATE EMERGENCY PROGRAM
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA
(Primary location is Lakeridge Health Oshawa, but could be requested to work at the Port Perry or Bowmanville sites)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Emergency (ER) RN will report to the ER Managers and utilize nursing processes in providing a positive patient care experience. As an ER RN you will participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team as an individual practitioner to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current RN practices. The ER RN will maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Recent significant Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric experience;
* Successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution;
* Proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing, and patient assessment skills (tested);
* Must be I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* Proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* Commitment to successfully complete CNA Emergency Nursing Certification (ENC(C);
* Critical Care/ER/PALS/TNCC Certificate preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* B.Sc.N and ACLS preferred;
* Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
SALARY: $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
More search results
Chief Nursing Officer
Bayshore Health Care
Crisis Support Worker- Crisis Services
Canadian Mental Health Association -Peel Dufferin Branch
Performance Measurement Specialist
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Clinical Manager / Director of Care
Bruyère Continuing Care - 228389