- Kirkland Lake
- $ 90,920 to $ 109,104 per annum with benefits
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Contract type
The Corporation of Kirkland Lake is seeking a motivated leader committed to high-quality customer – centered services to join the Long Term Care team at Teck Pioneer Residence. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Executive Director provides day-to-day operational leadership and oversight for the home including managing staff, financial matters, overseeing the allocation of operational and capital resources. The incumbent, in consultation with the CAO, develops the facility business plan, capital, and operational budgets. The Executive Director manages the operations of the facility according to the current legislation, regulations and requirements of all governing or oversight bodies, as well as the Towns strategic plan. The Executive Director maintains healthy employee and labour relations, and represents the Town and the home in community and family relations. This position is a key contributor to the development of policy and processes that will continue to focus on supporting our residents and staff while providing exemplary care.
- Proof of successful completion of the long term care home Administrator program, or enrollment in said course, in accordance with the timelines outlined in Ontario Regulation 79/10;
- Post-Secondary education, degree preferred, in Health Sciences, Social Services or a related field. Bachelor of Science or Registered Nurse with Long Term Care experience 3-5 years is considered an asset;
- Progressively responsible experience in a supervisory or managerial role in long term care;
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment;
- Must have a strong working knowledge of relevant legislation including the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and its related Regulations, Ministry of Long-Term Care standards related to administration, Occupational Health and Safety practices, principles and legislation;
- Experience with budget preparation and management;
- Proven experience with resource management effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees;
- Experience with coaching and development of management-level employees;
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems;
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Accreditation experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website https://www.kirklandlake.ca under “Town Hall / Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with references and covering letter) in confidence Friday, September 25 at 3:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
More search results
Registered Nurse - ICU
Michael Garron Hospital
Registered Nurse - Resource Float
Riverside Healthcare Facilities
Part Time After Hours Supervisor - Clinical Opera…
Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
Full Time After Hours Supervisor - Clinical Opera…
Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care