Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse
The Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will practice in accordance with legislation and the standards as determined by their regulatory body and the practice setting. The RN or RPN will have the knowledge to asses, select, implement and evaluate a wide range of nursing interventions to ensure consistent, safe, competent and ethical care. Client groups receiving care may include Pediatrics and/or Adults with complex medical/health concerns. Care will take place within the community within a residential or institutional setting with referrals generated by a variety of sources including government agencies, employers, insurance companies or private payees.
Choose ParaMed for support, where we’ll provide you with paid orientation, mentorship, and ongoing training. Experience diversity and life long learning – where the skills that you learn contribute to making you a confident and accomplished care professional.
- Current registration/licensing and in good standing with Provincial Regularity Body
- Preferably has minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Nurse ideally in a community setting
- C.N.A certification as a Community Health Nurse is an asset
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Privacy/Personal Health Information Act and other
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families
- Effective skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families