Director of Care (DOC) and Clinical Manager
The Director of Care (DOC) & Clinical Manager is responsible for managing delivery of care within clinical departments and the long-term care home to ensure quality, person-centered care is delivered. The position facilitates evidence based practices to achieve excellence in high quality delivery of clinical services, and leads the multi-disciplinary team to provide person centered care.
The Director of Care (DOC) & Clinical Manager reports to the Vice President Clinical Services, Chief Nursing Executive & Administrator, and is a key member of the leadership team of the organization.
The primary responsibilities of the Director of Care (DOC) & Clinical Manager include, but are not limited to, the following key duties and actions that support clinical care and services:
- Ensures that Clinical and Resident Care Services, including annual goals and objectives for the clinical programs, align with the organization’s vision, mission, and values
- Directing and aligning clinical operations to effectively achieve organizational and program objectives
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the clinical care units and the long-term care home
- Promotes a person-centred care approach that engages patients, residents, families, and team members to deliver care that meets individual needs
- Models and fosters an environment of positive customer service in all aspects of care
- Promotes a positive working environment for team members and external providers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- In collaboration with appropriate team members, implements, monitors and revises patient/resident care and unit processes and procedures to ensure smooth operation of clinical units Ensures appropriate systems and resources are in place to support timely and appropriate patient flow and smooth transition and coordination of patient services across the continuum of care.
- Ensures programs are in place to assess and evaluate all quality of care processes and outcomes in collaboration with the Vice President Clinical Services & Chief Nursing Executive, and members of the health care team and corporate quality, safety and risk programs.
- Ensure that the provision of patient/resident care complies with standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, and legislation.
- Promotes, facilitates and exemplifies positive patient/resident relations Supports and demonstrates the mission, vision and values of Organization
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Current member in related professional nursing, interest group, or association
- Current certification in B.C.L.S.
- 5 years leadership experience in a hospital and/or long term care environment
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of current nursing and healthcare practices and trends
- Demonstrated concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Must be computer literate, with competency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Working knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act; Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Excellent Care for All legislation
- Proven ability to coach and train with an understanding of adult learning principles
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Effective prioritization and organizational skills
- Maintain staff & patient/resident confidentiality
- Exceptional leadership abilities and a demonstrated passion for engaging employees and promoting a supportive and productive work culture
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of individuals including patients, residents, families, employees, and community partners
Based on the strengths and specialization of the successful candidate, portfolios may be reallocated.
More search results
County of Bruce
Nurses Practitioner - Long Term Care Homes
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care
Regional Clinical Manager - Minomathasowin
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
RN - Diabetes Educator
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Registered Nurse - OR/IPD/ER
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority