Supervisor, Best Practice — Palliative (Permanent Full-time) - Central Team
The Palliative Care—Best Practice Supervisor will provide clinical support and in-home supervision and oversight for the purpose of monitoring practice standards, client care needs and outcomes as well as resource utilization and productivity in the provision of nursing (RN and RPN) and Personal Support Worker (PSW) services to a palliative client population.
You will lead an Integrated Palliative Care Team in Central Region (North York) and work closely with both Nursing Supervisors and Personal Support Care Team Supervisors on the Central Team. The team will provide seamless care focusing on what matters most to our clients and their families. Working with a client and family-centred philosophy, you will work with interdisciplinary teams to provide clinical leadership, expertise and consultation to Nurses and PSWs to enhance the quality of care of palliative clients with an emphasis on effective symptom and pain management to improve overall quality of life.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for this position:
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing/Science in Nursing and current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Graduate Degree in Nursing, Education or Health Administration
- Ongoing membership with professional associations an asset
- 5-years progressive experience in nursing of which 2 years include experience in a supervisory or advanced practice role in end-of-life care.
- Good understanding of the health care services and delivery processes in the community/home care sector
- Strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put evidence-based knowledge into practice
- Excellent leadership and facilitation skills and the ability to coach, and motivate teams
- Ability to model and lead a team in the provision of client and family-centred care, including client/ family-centred assessment, documentation, and advocacy
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or skills in the use of information technology for electronic clinical documentation and clinical decision support
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation related to practice standards, standards of safety and quality, and employment standards including human rights legislation
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong organizational and self-management skills, and with demonstrated ability to achieve personal, professional and organizational performance targets
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and excellent skills in customer service
- Clear, logical, thinker and innovative problem solver with demonstrated advanced judgement and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to lead or contribute as a member of an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and continuous professional growth
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job required
- Supervisory On-Call on a rotational basis and as required
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion
More search results
Case Manager - Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse – Certified Diabetes Educator (C…
Regent Park Community Health Centre - 346240
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Registered Nurse, Medicine Program
Michael Garron Hospital
Provincial Clinical Resource Nurse
Ministry of the Solicitor General