Registered Nurse Contract Full-Time (12-month contract)
- 1700 Bloor Street West
- $60,680.00 - $73,109.00 per annum
- Job Category
- Contract type
The Four Villages Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Are you looking to work where your excellence will shine, professional standards are highly valued and quality of care is respected? Do you want to practice in a setting where your voice helps shape how health care is provided; where you work at the centre, in the community and in collaboration with other health care services in West Toronto?
The Four Villages Community Health Centre provides primary health care to the communities in West Toronto and in the context of the broader social determinants of health. Our primary care, clinical services and a wide range of health promotion programs are available to all residents with a focus on seniors, families with young children, youth and newcomers. Four Villages has two locations in the west end of Toronto. It is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health, through the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network
As a member of the inter-professional primary health care team, the Registered Nurse provides primary health care to individuals, families and the community, and participates in the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives with a focus on excellence and coordination of care. There are opportunities to support and/or lead care teams in terms of quality and performance improvement. This is a unionized position.
- Performs physical assessments, treatment, triage, health education, and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and full scope of nursing practice;
- Works in partnership with other team members to plan, provide and coordinate care;
- Identifies and/or develops educational resources to support health promotion and health education activities;
- Maintains complete and accurate client records, assessment notes and required correspondence;
- Supports the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, screening and health promotion programs for individuals, families and the community to foster self-help, mutual aid, and capacity building and address needs of the community;
- Participates in quality improvement projects to improve client care, access to care and work processes;
- Where appropriate, develops partnerships and alliances to optimize health care service provision and address needs of community.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university is preferred, diploma is accepted;
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Additional training and/or experience in an area relevant to the services provided by the organization;
- Desire to work to the full scope of practice for an RN;
- Experience working with individuals with complex health and/or mental health issues;
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing physical assessment and treatment methods;
- Three to five years nursing experience in a primary care setting or combination of hospital and/or public health and community/primary care settings (fewer years of experience may be considered, depending on level of skill and expertise presented);
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community health care;
- Demonstrated ability to working in an inter-professional team environment; strong team collaboration;
- demonstrated leadership skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computers, various software applications and electronic health records;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills;
- Ability to speak a second language, relevant to catchment area populations, is an asset.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, with a requirement to work at least one evening per week
Pension: Four Villages is a HOOPP employer.
Closing date: September 23, 2020 (interviews will be held the week of September 28th)
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume along with a cover letter indicating the position title to:
Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all the applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be
If you have any requirements for accommodation, please let us know.
Four Villages is a scent-free environment.
More search results
Corporation of the Town of Kirkland Lake
Weekend Registered Nurse, Regional Psychiatric E…
Sleep for Dentistry
Implementation Science Manager, IABPG
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Registered Nurse (PT)
Canadian Mental Health Association -Peel Dufferin Branch