Join our Occupational Health and Safety team where you will lead the education and administration of the Medical Surveillance and Vaccination Program and WSIB claims management while ensuring consistently high-quality, safe care for our staff and volunteers.
At Humber River Hospital, our Occupational Health and Safety team provides occupational health and safety services, attendance support and abilities services and healthy workplace programming services for all staff and volunteers. The team works together to deliver compassionate, professional and respectful care for our staff and volunteers. We are currently seeking an Occupational Health Nurse who will provide education, first aid and monitor and administer vaccination surveillance and protocols and participate in attendance support and abilities program services, including WSIB claims management.
Are you an experienced Occupational Health Nurse looking to make a positive difference every day? Are you looking for a new challenge where you will work with other Occupational Health and Safety Professionals to deliver innovative and compassionate solutions for our staff and volunteers? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Director, Occupational Health & Safety
Hiring Salary Range: $74,535 - $83,862
Employee Group: Non union
Location: Wilson site (must have a driver's license and/or access to transportation and be able to travel to all three (3) sites at own expense)
- Develop and deliver education programs to inform staff of occupational health and safety, healthy workplace and individual well-being programs.
- Participate in program quality improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and administer vaccination programs and communicable disease illness surveillance protocols.
- Collect and analyze usage statistics for compliance with flu campaign, staff vaccinations, status of departments (e.g. vaccinations of staff).
- Co-participate in the planning of public flu vaccination program with hospital staff and volunteers; promote to business and clinical units.
- Deliver First Aid services to employees to treat staff illnesses and injuries (e.g. Band-Aids, analgesics, ice, etc.)
- Participate in the Attendance Support and Abilities process by providing advice and support when required
- Actively manage WSIB claims including but not limited to claim submission and ongoing claims management, modified work programs, WSIB cost tracking and other related activities
- Coordinate the management of communicable and vaccine preventable diseases to control outbreaks and exposures.
- Provide health care to employees in clinical setting in compliance with the applicable legislation.
- Must be available for on-call support as required
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
First Aid Certificate required
Registration with the Nursing Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Canadian Occupational Health Nursing Certificate (COHN) preferred
Five (5) years’ Nursing experience (Occupational Health and Safety specialty required, preferably in a hospital setting)
- Three (3) to five (5) years expeirence in WSIB claims management
- Experience working with MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Parklane
Demonstrated experience with Vaccination protocols, Attendance Support, Healthy Workplace in a unionized environment. Demonstrated knowledge in Health program promotion
Experience with continuous quality improvement initiatives
Excellent interpersonal communication, team and customer service skills with the ability to articulate clear expectations and work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
Training/experience in Health Care Management (i.e. Studer) or Health program promotion
Critical thinking and prioritization skills required
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, solve problems with evidence-based decision making practices and resolve conflicts in a timely and efficient manner
- Drivers license and/or access to transportation to travel to all three (3) sites at own expense required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Note: This is a non-union position
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.