ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a strong Occupational Health Nurse to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Services, the Occupational Health Nurse will be responsible for coordinating all employee related medical activities and promoting Positive health. In addition, the Occupational Health Nurse will act as a medical consultant for Human Resources Staff, Health & Safety Group as well as Management.
**Please note, this is a part-time position. 20 hours per week, Job Sharing**
- Manages Income Protection Program Disability Claims and Work Accommodation related processes.
- Liaises with department managers, insurance company representatives, government agents, treating-physicians, and all other professionals in the management of the claims process.
- Acts as a medical consultant to the WSIB Claims administrator on all work-related illnesses and injuries, and to the HR Consultants on all employee health related matters.
- Manages site specific employee medical file system and all necessary information, as well as employee medical policy and related procedures including Preplacement Medical Assessment and Biennial Health Reviews.
- Assesses employee health issues and provides guidance to employees in the resolution of such matters.
- Assists in the management of the Employee Assistance Program ensuring employee confidentiality, satisfaction and quality of service.
- Participates and develops initiatives to promote a Healthy Workplace
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- COHN(C) Designation (or working towards).
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Occupational with focus on Disability Claims Management or Work Accommodation is required for this role.
- Knowledge of WSIB and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Experience in a Manufacturing Occupational Health Setting is preferred.
- Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.