Director, Clinical Services
The Director, Clinical Services will provide leadership to further elevate our culture of resident and family centered care and service excellence as we aspire to change the world of senior living by ensuring that the organization living out its mission, vision and values results in a resident-centred experience across all of peopleCare Communities service environments inclusive of independent/Retirement Living, Assisted Living, and Long Term Care communities.
This newly created role will collaborate with our home leadership teams in leveraging best clinical practices and developing innovative new ways to improve the care experience while supporting our teams with the following responsibilities: resident satisfaction and complaints; compliance and regulatory commitments; clinical and professional practice; and implementing new care and service partnerships with system stakeholders.
This role is also responsible to ensure that all clinical programs uphold the residents’ right to autonomy, choice, dignity and respect while meeting the required standards and contract obligations and market/industry conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate on the peopleCare senior leadership team, in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan and Direction for all clinical and resident focused programs.
- Ensure clinical programs and systems are current and ensure a focus on cutting edge clinical initiatives are well researched, communicated and implemented to ensure resident centered care is top of mind within our properties.
- Develop, support and monitor implementation plans supporting the Strategic plan as they pertain to clinical priorities of the organization and our future growth.
- Lead teams through a “servant leadership” approach that models the organizations’ values and their associated behaviours; mentor leaders to build an empowered and engaged workforce;
- Ensure the organization is in position to achieve Accreditation with exemplary status for all clinical and program initiatives;
- Provide educational opportunities for all departments of peopleCare communities to incorporate our resident-centered philosophy in their day-to-day operations;
- Collaborate on the development and implementation and maintain a fully resident-centered quality management system, inclusive of performance measures;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the VP, Quality and Innovation.
Qualifications and Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree of Science, Nursing (Masters Preferred)
- 7 to 10 years of leadership/management experience at the senior director level
- Demonstrated experience in setting and achieving long range strategic directions, managing vision & purpose, identifying emerging clinical trends
- Strong customer focus, commitment to continuous quality improvement and results-oriented management style
- Proven analytical, conflict resolution, with the ability to operate at a strategic level to develop and achieve shared goals and organizational objectives
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Proven ability to influence without authority across a cross functional team to ensure the resident and family experience is always top of mind in all clinical decisions.
More search results
Kirkland and Englehart District Hospitals
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Placement Coordinator
Manager, Nursing Placement Office & Simulation
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
Mental Health Clinical Coordinator
Cambridge Memorial Hospital