- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- $1,429.89 - $1,786.05 per week
- Job ID 137288
- Job Category
- Contract type
Are you a Registered Nurse with strong leadership and analytical skills looking to take your career to the next level?
If so, consider this rewarding opportunity to join the Ministry of the Solicitor General, Corporate Health Care team as a Provincial Clinical Resource Nurse.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide broad-based expertise to support and oversee the collection, analysis and reporting of health care services data, programs and services
• Assess and determine compliance with applicable standards of care, legislation, and ministry policy and procedures
• Promote and strengthen continuous quality improvement and clinical excellence
• Provide leadership and clinical support to team members/staff to facilitate continuous learning, professional development and orientation
• Support the corporate health care team in defining, developing and overseeing implementation and evaluation of innovative approaches to health care services delivery
• Provide relevant clinical practice consultation to front line staff
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships to work collaboratively with staff, stakeholders and inter-professional teams
• Provide support for change management strategies
How do I qualify?
• You must be registered as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You have a valid Ontario driver's licence with the willingness to travel extensively to various facilities and work irregular hours
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• demonstrated ability to acquire and apply knowledge of correctional health care operations, including the roles, responsibilities and mandate of corporate health
• comprehensive knowledge of the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and guidelines, as well as evidence-based nursing practices
• knowledge of relevant legislation governing health care in corrections, including the Personal Health Importation Protection Act, Regulated Health Professional Act, and Health Care Consent Act
• excellent clinical knowledge and thorough understanding of current nursing theories and practices
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
• strong leadership skills, demonstrating diplomacy, flexibility, resourcefulness and assertiveness to communicate effectively with staff, management and stakeholders
• demonstrated ability to drive clinical practice excellence through teaching, mentorship and program development
• excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills to present findings, reports, staff education and briefing documents
• strong ability to establish priorities and provide direction to staff within the correctional health care system regarding health care issues, assessments and evaluations
• excellent problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills
• knowledge of and experience in applying principles of continuous quality improvement, and professional development, implementation and evaluation
• knowledge of techniques and strategies to identify and assess issues/trends in the delivery of health care services
• knowledge and experience with data collection and program evaluation, with strong judgement to analyze information
• knowledge of change management strategies
• You are proficient with various computer software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and tracking databases
Hours of Work
• The hours of work are 40 hours per week.
Salary Range: $1,429.89 - $1,786.05 per week
- 4 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible extension), 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 137288, by Monday, August 26, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.