Registered Nurse: Full Time x1, Part Time x1, Relief x1
Hospice Care Avon Maintland
Rotary Hospice Stratford Perth
Stratford Perth Hospice Foundation is a community based charitable organization committed to establishing a residential hospice in Perth County where palliative individuals, as well as their loved ones, are supported through their end-of-life journeys.
The Rotary Hospice Stratford Perth will provide a peaceful, comfortable home with 24-hour specialized palliative care for those living with a terminal illness as well as support for those in their circle. It will provide a needed alternative to institutional care facilities and home care.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (RN) reports directly to the Director of Residential Care (DRC), and indirectly to the Executive Director (ED). Accepting guidance from the Clinical Resource Nurse (CRN), the RN works as a member of a multi-professional team, participating in a resident centred approach to the development, monitoring, and evaluation of resident care. The RN promotes nursing excellence and quality care within their scope of practice and in accordance with the standards of practice as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). The RN provides leadership to the care team and direct nursing care to residents in accordance with established policies and procedures of Hospice Care Avon Maitland (HCAM). The RN assesses and anticipates the total physical, psychosocial, spiritual and practical issues of the resident by participating in the development, implementation and review of resident care plans, evaluating the effectiveness of care plans, and implementing changes where necessary.
REPORTS TO: Director of Residential Care (DRC)
DATE REQUIRED: August, 2019
- Current registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification
- Completion of established palliative care courses such as Core and Advanced Fundamentals, LEAP, CAPCE, etc.
- CHPCN certification a strong asset
- Three (3) years of recent palliative care experience with demonstrated expertise in pain and symptom management preferred
- A strong dedication to the philosophy of, and specialized care skills in, hospice palliative care
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in the English language. Additional languages an asset.
- Computer literate and able to work with Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Point Click Care documentation system an asset
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
See Attachment for more detailed information
- Additional info: RN position (23kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Vice President Clinical Services / Chief Nurse Ex…
Brant Community Healthcare System
Senior Program Manager, Long Term Care, Best Prac…
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Shibogama Health Council
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital