Manager, Patient Care Services
- Kirkland District Hospital
- Job Category
- Contract type
Manager, Patient Care Services
Kirkland and Englehart District Hospitals Offer:
- A competitive compensation package, on-site staff fitness centre, EAP program, ‘perks’ program.
- Eligibility to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- A commitment to professional and personal development including an Education Bursary program.
- A commitment to employee Wellness including work-life balance
- A commitment to a diverse, supportive and equitable workplace
- A commitment to a culture of safety and of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment
Both the EDH & the KDH are fully accredited, community hospitals committed to providing quality, patient-centered health care services in Northern and Central Timiskaming. Our hospitals continue as leaders in Health Care Services by collaborating with Community Health Partners creating safe and healthy communities and ensuring seamless transitions to other Health Services.
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing required. Preference will be given to candidates who are pursuing their Masters’ in Nursing.
- Minimum 5 years recent nursing management experience (candidates with significant experience in formal nursing leadership roles may be considered)
- Minimum 5 years recent and related clinical experience;
- Membership in professional nursing and other related organizations
- Respected and progressive leader with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop a high performance team
- Significant experience in quality improvement; success leading, monitoring and evaluating process/systems to identify and achieve efficiencies
- Proven experience in data interpretation and analysis as a means to support strategic decision making
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite; advanced understanding of the value of information technology and experience in the implementation and integration of strategies for systems and technologies
- Proven experience successfully leading and facilitating change with multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition, problem solving, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multitasking and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; professional, diplomatic and confident with a proven ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to manage competing demands
- Models collaborative, cross-portfolio engagement to build consensus and create solutions to complex issues
- Experience leading and/or supporting program development initiatives that align departmental goals with organizational strategic direction
- Program planning and evaluation methodology skills are an asset
- Proven excellent work performance and attendance history
To apply to this unique and exciting opportunity, submit your resume specifying the reference number NU19-02 by August 30, 2019 to:
Debra Schenk, CHRL, RPR– Manager, Human Resources
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Kirkland and Englehart District Hospitals are equal opportunity employers. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More search results
Kirkland and Englehart District Hospitals
Director of Clinical Services
peopleCare Communities Inc.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Placement Coordinator
Manager, Nursing Placement Office & Simulation
Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)