Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Supervisor, Medicine Health Services (Full-Time)
The Supervisor reports to the Manager and works with Manager, CRL as the assigned leaders of respiratory services and is responsible for ensuring patient care services are delivered with high quality, safety and consistency on a daily basis. This is achieved through continuous supervision of care team members to promote care that is patient centered, timely and efficient. The Supervisor enables care team members to coordinate and integrate services and encourages ongoing performance improvement. The incumbent maximizes the use of available resources to facilitate efficient patient throughout and patient care excellence.
It is understood that while the primary responsibilities are unchanged, the tasks, communication, strategies and decision making activities to achieve them will differ depending on the supervisor's area of responsibility. Current areas of responsible with the Medicine Health Service includes respiratory and inpatient oncology services, specifically, H7, PWC, and the G2 Chest Centre (Respiratory).
- Undergraduate degree in Administration or Clinical discipline.
- Current certificate of registration issued by the discipline's licensing body in Ontario.
- Canadian Nursing Association Certificate in Oncology, preferred.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- 5 years of recent respiratory and/or oncology experience, required.
- Demonstrated experience in incremental leadership responsibilities in the field of nursing/healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current respiratory best practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current oncology best practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care for patients with respiratory disease requiring management and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care for patients with malignancy requiring management and intervention.
- Demonstrated current experience and competence in management of central venous access devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient/staff scheduling systems, payroll systems, workload management systems.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Flexible, organized and self-directed within scope of responsibility; has initiative and independent judgment.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and quality monitoring required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate situations as they arise.
- Demonstrated effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem-solve with proven critical, creative thinking and time management skills.
- Evidence of ongoing education (e.g. workshops, seminars) and upgrading of technical skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of the Core Service Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy, and with a focus on superior customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating AEFA1809 – Supervisor, Medicine Health Services in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities > How to Apply to download the application form
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart