Health Care Coordinator
Are you a Registered Nurse with a desire to lead the development and implementation of health care programs and services? If so, bring your expertise to the Sprucedale Youth Centre, with the Youth Justice Services Division, Ministry of Children and Youth Services. In this challenging role, you will lead a team to effectively deliver medical and nursing programs/services to both young persons and staff in a secure facility.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Coordinate, direct and evaluate health care services.
• Develop, plan and implement the delivery of health services education programs for both offenders and staff.
• Provide professional expertise and consultative advice related to operational delivery.
• Support a values-based and inclusive team through technical, administrative, and operational direction to staff.
• Control allocated operation budget for the health care unit/program and regularly provide assurance reports on financial activities
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered as a Nurse in Ontario.
Management and Leadership Skills:
• You have experience providing daily administration of health care programs and services within a facility as well as human resources management.
• You have experience adhering to relevant Ministry legislation, policies and procedures, including the Regulated Health Professions Act, the College of Nurses Standards of Practices, and the Guidelines for Ethical Behaviour, etc.
• You have experience communicating standards and priorities, scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work, monitoring progress, evaluating work performance, coaching and training staff, and identifying and escalating performance issues.
• You have proven experience managing recruitment, identifying staff development, preparing learning and development plans and employee relations matters.
• You are able to coordinate program operations, manage financial, material and human resources needs, develop work plans to meet program objectives, and provide input to divisional results-based and strategic planning processes.
• You have knowledge of ministry program and operational objectives, policies and service delivery models.
• You have proven experience applying human resources practices, policies and collective agreements to recruitment, training and development, and employee relations.
• You have knowledge of financial and administrative procedures to manage allocated fiscal, material resources and annual budgets.
• You have basic knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
• You have experience applying professional standards, guidelines and practice expectations to supervise nursing services.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
• You are able to oversee the overall the provision of in-service education and health service programs, including medical, treatment and psychiatric services.
• You are able to provide direction to staff and ensure compliance with standard nursing practices, policies and procedures.
• You have experience providing advice, expertise and exchanging information with subordinates, staff and managers, youth and their families, and other health care community agencies and organizations.
• You are able to liaise with nursing associations to research professional standards, trends and developments and with educational institutions to arrange student placements and continuing education.
• You have experience participating on relevant work committees (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Professional Development Committee, Nursing Advisory Committee).
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You have experience managing requests.
• You have proven experience identifying gaps, trends and developments in program/service delivery and making recommendations on process improvements and health care programs.
• You are able to assess risks, diagnoses medical problems/symptoms and makes sound decisions on continued health care and special services needs.
• You have experience diffusing situations and resolving disputes to the satisfaction of both parties.
• You are able to ensure a balance between security and care is maintained in an institution with a wide range of activities.
Salary Range: $68,671 - $98,950 per year
- 1 Permanent, 660 Ireland Rd, Simcoe, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 122751, by Wednesday, May 23, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.