Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Emergency and Intensive Care Unit Clinical Manager oversees the daily operations of these units. The Clinical Manager, in collaboration with the Clinical Director, oversees the efficient and effective deployment of human, fiscal and material resources on a daily basis. The Clinical Manager is responsible in the implementation and evaluation of unit specific projects as well as the alignment of specific unit goals with operational goals. The Clinical Manager is the first initial contact to the Emergency and Intensive Care staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience in leadership/management positions.
- Clinical experience in emergency and/or ICU
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to supervise personnel and communicate the portfolio’s needs and patient care services mission
- Advocate for professional practice, patient/family centered quality care
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve and implement change management
- Excellent people, time management, conflict management, financial management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous and divers activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations
- Manage overtime approval and employee re-deployment
- Budget management capacity
- Highly computer literate and skilled in use of MS Office
- Knowledge of CUPE and ONA collective agreements and experience working in a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of best practice guidelines relevant to ER/ICU, CNO professional standards, knowledge application for Required Organizational Practices as defined by Accreditation Canada
- Good communication skills in French and English, both oral and written