Are you a skilled Registered Nurse looking for a new environment? If you would enjoy working with a degree of autonomy, where you can make a difference in the lives of young people in conflict with the law, consider this unique opportunity with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services’ Sprucedale Youth Centre!
What can I expect to do in this role?
Your role will include:
- Providing professional nursing services and health and wellness education
- Preparing, dispensing and administering medications
- Providing emergency first aid and administering emergency treatment, based on skilled assessment and professional response
- Establishing and maintaining medical charts and records
- Contributing to a case management multi-disciplinary team approach in the provision of services to youth
- Assisting with relevant health care reintegration planning.
How do I qualify?
- Current unencumbered registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
Your technical knowledge and abilities will include:
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply knowledge of Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Care Consent Act, other related legislation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of nursing theories and practices to work in accordance with the College of Nurses Standards and Guidelines
- Knowledge of infectious disease control practices.
Your analytical, problem-solving and communication skills will include:
- Effective assessment, problem-solving, reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrated sound judgment to identify, evaluate and assess health care issues and emergency situations
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to present information and collaborate with youth, staff and other professionals.
Your other skills will include:
- Organizational skills to prioritize workload within established time-lines
- Ability to use MS Office and computerized systems to prepare reports, facilitate communication and input/retrieve data.
Salary Range: $1,268.82 - $1,581.87 per week
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months, 660 Ireland Rd, Simcoe, West Region, Enhanced - Vulnerable Services Sector Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 122823, by Wednesday, May 16, 2018, the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.