We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Public Health Nurse, #2018-27
Terms: Full-time, 35 hours per week – Contract to June 2019
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
The successful candidate will work with the infectious disease team including Vaccine Preventable Disease programming and will additionally support the public health team in multidisciplinary programs that support health across the lifespan. This includes providing services to priority populations and collaborating with community partners for planning, implementing, and evaluating Public Health programs within Sioux Lookout and surrounding communities.
The ideal applicant will have a solid understanding of the social determinants of health and how they affect the health of individuals and populations.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Demonstrated health promotion knowledge, experience with clients of all ages
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with principles of adult and child education and community mobilization is an asset
$33.07 - $45.62 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
via email only at: email@example.com
Applicants must reference posting #2018-27
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should
contact Human Resources at 807-468-3147 x3253 and leave a message.
Deadline for Applications: May 11, 2018 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.