Our valued client is seeking a:
Senior Nurse Manager (Director of Care)
Our residents are some of the most interesting, spectacular people you will ever meet. Their backgrounds are diverse, they come from all over, and they are real people who have lived real lives. They have a story and if you have a minute they’d love to tell it.
Post Inn Village is located in the heart of the Oak Park community in Oakville, quietly blending in with the community’s “urban village” atmosphere. Post Inn Village houses four “streets” per floor, simulating a small town or village-like setting, housing 228 beds. Beautiful common rooms, centrally located on each floor, help residents to connect with friends and family in a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
We are looking for a Senior Nursing Manager (DOC) who leads the nursing department of this 228-bed long-term care home in providing quality care that meets LTCHA requirements, divisional policies and fiscal responsibilities. The position reports directly to the Administrator and anticipates the following deliverables:
- Staffing and attendance management – recruiting, managing staff absences and usage of overtime
- Preparing the Home and staff for full Resident Quality Inspection, implementing processes for monitoring and ensuring LTCHA compliance, with a focus on care planning/assessments and integration with RAI MDS
- Develop plan for maintaining and monitoring HQO Quality indicators and the CMI while decreasing clinical risks
- Continue to build staff engagement and morale
- Manage and direct all aspects of resident care, department practices and processes in an efficient, effective and innovative fashion, guided by best practice and continuous quality improvement
- Develop and effectively administer resident care budget, including salaries, materials and supplies
- Provide capital spending input, including procurement of department equipment
- Maintain effective communication with home’s Administrator, members of the management team and nursing staff, through team meetings and discussions
- Collaborate with Senior Management Team members, Medical Director and Clinical Nurse Specialist, to evaluate and implement policies, procedures and programs adhering to legislated requirements and supporting continuous quality improvement
- Oversee all aspects of staffing nurses – recruitment,training, evaluation, discipline, termination, scheduling and attendance – in accordance with applicable ONA and OPSEU collective agreements and Regional policies and procedures
- Inspire and motivate staff to achieve high levels of performance
- Continuously develop, implement and monitor quality improvement systems, outcomes, and processes related to resident care and services
- Ensure compliance with College of Nurses of Ontario standards, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Acts and Regulations and Ministry of Labour legislative and regulatory requirements
- Participate in Resident Quality Inspections, develop corrective action plans and act on any issues of non-compliance in timely and effective manner; monitor and evaluate risks
- Ensure resident and family satisfaction
- Collaborate with service partners such as pharmacy, laboratory, dentistry and optometry, to ensure compliance to service agreements and home’s policy and procedures
- Participate in applicable LHIN initiatives and maintain relationships with community stakeholders
- Support home in their final year of candidacy to obtain the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario’s Best Practice Spotlight Organization designation
- Support and participate in implementing the Dementiability-Montesorri philosophy in the home
- Lead and or participate in Accreditation process
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nursing of Ontario, and in good standing
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term-care sector
- A minimum three (3) years of experience working as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting, preferably in long-term care
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
Competitive compensation package designed to attract star performers including:
- Competitive salary
- Municipal benefit package
- Municipal Pension Plan
- 2 float days per year
- 5 lieu days per year + vacation
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.