Reports to: Program Director, Surgical, Women & Child
Hours of Work:
Hours of work for the Unit Manager position are 37.5 hours/week. As a nursing manager, you will also be scheduled on a Manager on Call rotation that includes nights and weekends.
As the Unit Manager for the ACU and Perioperative Suite you will be accountable for facilitating clinical excellence, leadership, and management leading to the delivery of patient centered quality surgical care. Your leadership demonstrates creativity, innovation, flexibility and professional knowledge suitable to the interdisciplinary environment. Working collaboratively with community providers, you will engage in key activities to promote community partnerships. Using your superior communication skills, you will promote and maintain positive public relations with patients, visitors, staff, physicians and volunteers. If you are looking for a challenging position with the opportunity to make a difference in our patients' lives then Ross Memorial Hospital is the place for you!
Your qualifications include:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses
- BScN or associated degree (relevant Master's Degree preferred)
- OR Certificate (Canadian Nurses Certification in Peri-Operative Nursing preferred)
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience in a surgical/OR environment with 3 years recent supervisory or management experience in main OR/surgical service
- Demonstrated understanding of the OR, hospital and personnel management policies and procedures and the ability to interpret and apply same to achieve Departmental goals
- Proven ability to successfully manage departmental budgets, explain and provide corrections to budget variances
- Demonstrated contribution to the development and control of the operating and capital budgets
- Demonstrated leadership success
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and co-operatively with all levels of staff, patients and the public and demonstrated success in establishing respect and credibility through actions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Demonstrated effective conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with an ability to multi-task during high stress situations
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to accuracy and detail
- Commitment to interprofessional practice and lifelong learning
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all regulatory and professional stands of care which includes accreditation
- Must meet expectations for appropriate, respectful and professional conduct, as set out in the RMH Code of Conduct
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job, as per the current Physical Demands Analysis
You are a member of:
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Operating Room Nurses Association of Ontario (ORNAC)
- Ontario Peri Anesthesia Nurses Association (OPANA)
It is the expectation of RMH that all staff members are accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by our organization.
Would you like to be part of a team of exceptional people committed to providing Exceptional Care - Together and meet the qualifications listed above? If so, apply in writing to our Human Resources Department by email or faxing it to 705-328-6160.
Ross Memorial is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.