Good Shepherd Centres of Hamilton is a ministry of the Hospitalier Order of St. John of God. The organization strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. A permanent full time position at Emmanuel House Hospice for a Manager of Hospice Palliative Care is currently available.
Role Specific Expertise:
- Utilizes expert clinical evaluation skills to continually assess the needs of the resident and caregivers.
- Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices to ensure skill levels are aquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
- Effectively mentors staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships and enables decision-making.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting best practices.
- Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
- Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contributes to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Educational designation of Advanced Practice Nurse - CNS or NP.
- Registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Palliative Care Certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience working in a progressive leadership role in a health care setting with a focus in hospice palliative care.
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Nursing Standards of Practice preferred.
- A demontrated passion for advancing hospice palliative care and a commitment to the mission values of hospitality, responsibility, availability, adaptability, quality and dignity, including the marginalized populations is essential.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a strong team player.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.