Regional Client Services Manager
Location: Guelph, ON
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long Term Care) funded organization. We Enrich Lives and Change Tomorrow by providing a wide spectrum of unparalleled quality services in the community.
Our team of service healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to remain in their homes, attend clinics and to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our loved ones.
The Client Service Manager’s primary functions are to develop and support the supervisory, administrative, and clinical teams, be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the services provided, and to work in partnership with Senior Leadership to achieve Strategic Objectives.
The successful Regional Client Services Manager will have:
• RN or BN/BScN degree and current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Post graduate studies in Health Administration or Business administration is preferred;
• Minimum two years of progressive management and leadership experience
• Unwavering commitment to service quality
• Demonstrated leadership competencies in relationship development, staff engagement, change management
• Strong analytical skills in finance and performance management
• Creativity and an energetic and enthusiastic attitude
The role will require:
1. General Supervision
• Establishes and delivers on the vision and model of service delivery for nursing and personal support teams.
• Executes a plan to improve quality of client care, as measured by established indicators.
• Ensures effective and efficient operations of teams to support the clinical services offered by CTG.
• Ensures effective staffing levels and scheduling, and handles recruitment and selection of staff.
• Supports the Customer Support Assistants (CSAs) for the teams to provide intake and scheduling of services.
• Promotes a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to solve problems and address customer concerns.
• Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing and maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale.
• Conducts orientation of new staff and maintains a nursing and personal support orientation manual.
2. Staff Development
• Leads regular staff meetings to foster teamwork, address work-related issues and keep staff current with new program services and client care requirements.
• Proactively identifies gaps in team skill and knowledge and develops robust educational strategies to address.
• Provides/facilitates in-service opportunities for staff to enhance or learn new skills.
• Participates in educational programs, seminars and conferences to foster professional growth and sharing of acquired knowledge with staff.
• Encourages staff to seek additional education to further develop their skill-set.
3. Performance Management
• Works with Human Resources to effectively manage performance, attendance and other related issues.
• Complete performance evaluations in a timely, manner to foster staff development.
• Appropriately monitors and addresses performance issues, applying corrective or disciplinary action when required.
• Effectively manages staff to ensure they are in compliance with applicable standards, policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
• Provides leadership with updates on staff performance, proactively identifying staff strengths, potential problems, recognition opportunities, developmental opportunities, etc.
4. Risk & Quality Management
• Responds to complaints, compliments or client issues and ensure effective resolution as required.
• Identifies trends related to risks or quality and develops mitigation strategies to address them.
• Recommends new/revised policies and procedures, as required.
• Assists all staff to work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Reports promptly employee injury and illnesses in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Policies and procedures and WSIB requirements.
• Implements Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
5. Contract Management/Business Development
• Collaborates with Client Service Manager(s), Infrastructure, Information Technology and Business Development. Departments to provide support on new ventures and business process changes when applicable.
• Builds relationships with funders to foster collaboration, problem solving and innovative solutions.
• Ensures performance expectations of stakeholders are met.
• Key Performance Indicator management and accountability.
CTG offers flexible hours, a comprehensive compensation package, and a positive culture that is inclusive and fosters and supports professional development.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. If you require accommodation to submit an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above. If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to visit our website to apply for this position.