Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees' contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
We are currently recruiting for two Behaviour Support Nurses. One will be located out of the Newmarket Health Centre at 194 Eagle Street, Newmarket and the other will be located out of the Maple Health Centre at 10424 Keele Street, Maple.
Reporting to the Director of Care, is responsible for providing expertise to effectively support staff/residents/families with the integration of residents with cognitive/responsive behaviours into the Long Term Care (LTC) environment; assisting with the Home's collaborative Behaviour Support Resource Team; sharing best practices with the nursing staff and supporting resident care plans; liaising with external resources and with outreach teams for interventions, support and follow through with recommendations; actively participating in a LTC community of practice to share and improve knowledge in the care of responsive and complex behaviours; completing documentation and reports as required; and providing education in-services related to skills and knowledge improvement.
$43.12 - $46.87 per hour. This is a union position.
Behaviour Support Resource Nurse
- Successful completion of a Practical Nurse Program/Diploma from a recognized institution and a current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Practical Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in healthcare setting including two (2) years' experience in the role of a responsive behaviour nurse in a Long Term Care setting and using RAI-MDS assessment tool.
- Ability to work shift from Monday to Friday, 1200 - 1800 hrs.
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Experience in program development, health education, administration and researching best clinical practices.
- Current PIECES model trained preferred or willingness to complete.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC)
- Current knowledge of Ministry of Health Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, RNAO best practices and relevant legislation, including CNO standards.
- Knowledge of and understanding of program planning, evaluation, principles of adult learning and organizational and clinical issues.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Demonstrated effective clinical, communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate programs, and prepare reports.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and analyze statistical data and trends.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
30 hours per week
Monday to Friday 1200-1800 (with flexibility to work other shifts as required)
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by February 21, 2018, quoting competition #22006. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.
Cliquez svp ici pour postuler en ligne.