Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Intervention Crisis Specialist (Permanent Part-Time)
The Crisis Intervention Specialist is a member of the Mental Health Services Team, who provides crisis assessment, stabilization, and treatment/follow-up in the Emergency Department for individuals who present in acute distress. The Crisis Intervention Specialist collaborates with staff and physicians from Emergency, Mental Health Services, MCIT and the community to collect relevant information and make suggestions for appropriate care and follow-up.
- Any one of the following: Masters Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology.
- Current membership in a regulated health profession in good standing.
- **The successful incumbent is required to work 8 Hour Night/Weekend Shifts**
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Mental Health/Psychiatric services environment of which a minimum of 3 years should be in Emergency Psychiatry in an Emergency Department.
- Previous experience in applying crisis intervention theory and principles in clinical practice.
- Experience in crisis intervention for high-risk populations, including Children and Adolescents.
- Experience in developing community linkages and liaisons.
- Evidence of flexibility and cooperative relations with others in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in applying the principles of crisis counselling in clinical practice.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem solving techniques, conflict resolution, and contribution to high performing teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in crisis intervention clinical skills including emergency psychiatric/mental health assessments, risk assessments, and safety plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Mental Health Reform, Privacy and Consent to Treat Act and issues related to same.
- Excellent work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating OUMHP1701 in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca -> Careers -> Current Opportunities -> How to Apply to download the application form
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart