Looking to supplement another part-time job? Wanting to ease into retirement and work fewer hours? Perhaps you are already retired and are looking for some part-time work? This may be an exciting opportunity for you! The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is currently seeking to hire a Public Health Nurse to work in a part-time capacity on the Best Beginnings Nurse Family Partnership team. This position will work alternating weekends (hours of work are between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM; each Saturday and Sunday shift will be 7 hours with start times to be determined, as well as a 7 hour shift on most statutory holidays). The incumbent will work off-site at the London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), Victoria Campus, 800 Commissioners Road East, London.
- Conduct screening and assessment of clients’ health care needs according to program/service expectations (i.e. hearing screening of newborns at LHSC and interviews with mothers of newborns at LHSC to screen for risk as part of the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program);
- Work collaboratively with hospital, public health and community partners to facilitate referrals for families identified as high priorities;
- Maintain related records, documentation, and statistics; prepare reports as required and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN).
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & ISCIS database software.
- Flexible work hours are required.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and own transportation.
- Experience in assessing and providing support to mothers and newborns, and who have a solid understanding of the Social Determinants of Health is highly desirable.
- Experience working with equipment in a clinical setting is highly desirable.
- The ability to speak French and/or other languages would be considered an asset.
To apply to these positions, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at www.healthunit.com by midnight on February 14, 2018 quoting posting # BBNFPPTPHN-0118.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.