- Assessment and planning with clients related to their physical and mental health needs
- One-on-one and group education related to physical, mental health and addiction issues and medications
- Medication monitoring
- Liaison with community physicians, pharmacies and hospitals
- Assessment and ongoing monitoring of client symptoms
- Consultation with other team members related to medical, mental health, addiction and medication issues
- Participation in case conferences
- Work in collaboration with program psychiatrist
- Nursing assessment skills.
- Post-Secondary Education and Experience in Mental Health/Addictions Nursing in a community setting.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Knowledge of community resources and services.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Client centered and recovery focused practice.
- Must be able to work days with some evenings.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting Job Posting #TH-01-18 by February 28, 2018 to:
Lea Vares Greenwood
Director, Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto
Fax: 416-203-2811 or
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or email@example.com