Registered Nurse - Part-time, 1 year maternity leave contract. 0.77 FTE (27 hours a week)
(3 days per week, 9 hours shifts including some evenings and weekends)
Salary range: $55,012- $66,079 per year (adjusted to FTE)
Relief – This will be on call or as per requirements including some evenings and weekends.
Salary Range - $30.22 - $36.30 per hour
Expected Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Lead Nurse
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies:
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a registered nurse within a primary or community care setting in the following areas:
- Assessing patients to determine appropriate nursing care
- Chronic disease management, with an emphasis on providing care for patients with diabetes, hypertension, asthma and mental health and addictions
- Administering medications and treatments as directed by supervising physicians
- Delivering and advising on women’s health screening tests delivered to patients, including cervical cytology tests, breast examinations and contraception
- Monitoring and assessing changes in patients’ symptoms and conditions and providing updates to attending physicians
- Skilled in assessment, health promotion & education, counseling and understanding of community development
- Able to work as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team
- Ability to use an anti-oppressive anti-racist approach to providing care and services
- Participate in providing comprehensive primary care working to the full scope of a Registered Nurse
- Coordinate client care within the health center and with specialists and other health care agencies
- Provide telephone advice and triage for requests, abnormal results, screening purposes and health prevention issues
- Participate in Quality Improvement, Audit and Accreditation
- Initiate health teaching and promotion with clients as part of a clinical assessment
- Provide service to homebound clients (primarily seniors) as required
- Teaching and supervising medical & nursing students
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the community within the health centre’s catchment area
- Have a working knowledge of community services which are available for clients and will refer appropriately
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of goals which are developed yearly.
This is a bargaining unit position with UFCW. Terms may be altered as a result of collective bargaining.
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit an application including a cover letter and resume to: Email: email@example.com by February 9, 2018 by 5pm EST.
*The subject line should include: Your name and position you’re applying for i.e Registered Nurse - Part-time, Registered Nurse – relief or both.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.