Job Classification Title: NURSE PRACTITIONER
Requisition #: 2296262 X
Division: Long-Term Care Homes & Services
Section: Nursing Administration
Work Location: FUDGER HOUSE, 439 SHERBOURNE ST,TRUE DAVIDSON ACRES, 200 DAWES RD
Job Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Stream: Health
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate: 47.15 - 51.65 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly): 70.00
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours per Week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Date: 18-Jan-2018
Expiry date: 01-Feb-2018
• Delivers primary health care to residents in the Long-Term Care Home in the management of acute and chronic medical conditions, therapeutic management, health promotion and disease/injury prevention in order to deliver comprehensive health services.
• Conducts focused health assessment using and adapting assessment tools and techniques based on resident needs
• Completes health history into resident’s situation, including physical, psychosocial, emotional, cultural, ethnic and spiritual dimensions of health
• Performs physical examination and identifies and interprets normal and abnormal findings and liaise with the medical staff as appropriate
• Orders diagnostic investigations, interprets results using evidence-based clinical reasoning
• Synthesizes health information using critical inquiry and clinical reasoning to formulate a diagnosis, health risks and states of health/illness
• Communicates with residents about the health assessment findings and/or diagnosis including outcomes and prognosis through the application of knowledge of pathophysiology, psychopathology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, behavioural sciences and family processes when making diagnoses and providing overall therapeutic management
• Selects appropriate interventions from a range of non-pharmacological and pharmacological interventions to restore or maintain resident functional, physiological and mental stability to achieve optimal health
• Promotes safe resident care by mitigating harm and addressing immediate risks for residents and others affected by adverse events and near misses
• Liaise with the Medical Staff and other senior management staff in the development and implementation of evaluation processes and the identification of strategies to continually improve clinical outcomes and effectively manage risks
• Collaborates with long-term care team members and other community health services in initiatives for the development of systems to promote continuity of resident care across the continuum
• Provides formal and informal teaching and coaching in the management of clinical care to interdisciplinary team members
• Contributes to planning, implementing and evaluating learning resources and health education programs for residents, families and substitute decisions makers
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult) and entitled to practise.
2. Experience as a Nurse Practitioner in long-term care, acute care, rehabilitation, continuing care or primary care.
You must also have:
• Ability to incorporate knowledge of diversity, cultural safety and the determinants of health in the assessment, diagnosis and therapeutic management of residents and the evaluation of outcomes.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders as well as work effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete assigned duties within timelines.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
• Ability to support the Toronto Public Service Values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces
• Ability to work in a customer service environment
• Ability to work shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Knowledge of relevant legislations and statutes including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Long-Term Care Home Act 2007
• Good verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
• As a condition of employment with the Long-Term Care Homes & Services Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
• Succesful candidate will be shared between two work locations: True Davidson Acres and Fudger House.
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Building Engineer (Structural) within our Toronto Building Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on these and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2296262 X, by February 1, 2018.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.