Integrated Care Team Supervisor will provide clinical support and in-home supervision and oversight for the purpose of monitoring practice standards, client care needs and outcomes as well as resource utilization and productivity in the provision of nursing (RN and RPN) and Personal Support Worker (PSW) services.
Working with a client and family-centred philosophy, you will work with interdisciplinary teams to provide clinical leadership, expertise and consultation to Nurses and PSWs to enhance the quality of care and improve overall quality of life.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for this position:
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing combined with a thorough understanding of Standards of Practice as established by the CNO
- Graduate Degree in Nursing, Education or Health Administration is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in paediatric nursing of which 2 years include experience in a supervisory or advanced practice role (community nursing experience will be an asset)
- Ongoing membership with professional associations an asset
- Work experience handling complaints and resolving conflicts
- Good understanding of the health care services and delivery processes in the community/home care sector
- Strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put evidence-based knowledge into practice
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or skills in the use of information technology for electronic clinical documentation and clinical decision support
- Awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation related to practice standards, standards of safety and quality, and employment standards including human rights legislation
- Strong organizational and self-management skills with demonstrated ability to achieve personal, professional, and organizational performance targets
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to coach and motivate teams
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and skilled in customer service
- Clear, logical, system thinker and innovative problem solver with demonstrated advanced judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to lead or contribute as a member of an inter-professional team
- Demonstrated commitment to modeling lifelong learning and continuous professional growth
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job required
- Availability for after hours, on-call work
- Flexibility in scheduling is required, including days, weekends, evenings, and holidays
To Apply: Please apply at www.vha.ca
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Status by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto