What This Position is About:
Our Practical Nursing program has strong links with Peterborough and the surrounding community's health care facilities and organizations, ensuring students have excellent clinical opportunities to explore various aspects of nursing. Employers in the health care field have recognized Fleming's Practical Nursing program as an excellent program, producing knowledgeable and clinically well-prepared graduates. Ninety-six percent of Fleming's Practical Nursing graduates in 2011 were successful in passing the national exam to become registered to practice in Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse. This high standard of pass rate for the exam has been consistent since the inception of Fleming's Practical Nursing program in 2002. For more information regarding this program please visit our website here: Fleming Practical Nursing Program
We are currently seeking Registered Nursing professionals with strong clinical experience who are passionate about their profession and looking for an opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise with Practical Nursing students in a hands-on learning environment. You will fulfill a pivotal role in supporting the student learning process in clinical practice labs through reinforcement of material previously taught by faculty. In this role, you will assist Practical Nursing students by demonstrating skills, equipment use and responding to questions, as well as ensuring the safe use of equipment and facilities in the laboratories at all times.
This part-time role works up to 24hrs weekly and is a temporary position for the Winter semester (Jan – April 2018).
What We Are Looking For:
Relevant combination of education and experience including:
• Minimum 2-year Practical Nursing Diploma
• Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Minimum of five (5) years of recent, related, practical, clinical Nursing experience, providing direct patient care
• Excellent clinical nursing skills with the ability to demonstrate nursing practices previously taught by faculty
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with students and co-workers
• Demonstrated knowledge of related health and safety regulations and requirements.
• Well-developed problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment, establishing priorities & organizing own work
• Adept in using a variety of computer software programs including word processing and spreadsheets
• Experience working with the Freedom of Information Act to ensure confidentiality of student records
• Definite assets include experience in an educational or training environment demonstrating practical Nursing skills to support the learning process, and providing faculty and students assistance with clinical Nursing lab equipment operation
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
To apply to Fleming College career opportunities please visit http://www.FlemingCollege.ca/Careers
Sir Sandford Fleming College is committed to building an inclusive and accessible learning and working environment. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, Fleming College will make appropriate accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail Recruitment@flemingcollege.ca.