The North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario health care system.
If you have a flexible schedule and are available to work on a casual part time basis, consider joining our team of talented Care Coordinators. We provide a comprehensive paid orientation and potential future growth opportunities.
As a Care Coordinator, you will be responsible for assessing patients’ eligibility for home and community care services and assist them, their caregivers and families to participate in the planning of their care by coordinating appropriate services and continually monitoring, supporting, managing and evaluating the plan of care through assessments with patients.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Practitioner in one of the following health disciplines: Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker (MSW) with a degree at the baccalaureate level.
- Membership in good standing with a regulatory body in Ontario.
- Clinical knowledge and expertise in resource management and coordination.
- Experience with community health services.
- Experience working with various health disciplines as well as the public and interagency contacts.
- Understanding of the long-term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- Community case management experience, preferred.
- Advanced assessment skills.
- Strong, inclusive communication skills (listening, speaking and writing).
- Strengths as a team player with the ability to use each other's skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized processes, including mobile (laptop) technology.
- Ability to travel, a valid driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle. (Applicants are asked to review our NSM LHIN geography to ensure it is understood where our patients are being served.)
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages, an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) Collective Agreement, the salary range is from $33.47 per hour to a maximum of $43.67 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Varying work schedules
- Excellent benefit options and vacation plan
- Home office availability to eligible employees
- Office locations in Barrie and Huntsville, in addition to hospitals in our LHIN: Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH), Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital (OSMH), Collingwood General and Marine Hospital (CGMH), Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) and Muskoka Algonquin Health Centre (MAHC), both South Muskoka Memorial Hospital (SMMH) and Huntsville District Memorial Hospital (HDMH) sites
To apply for this position, state “CARE COORDINATOR" and the area you are willing to work (i.e., Muskoka, Simcoe County or both) in the subject line of your email and send with your resume to email@example.com.
NSM LHIN is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourages applications from French-speaking candidates.
NSM LHIN is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process, NSM LHIN requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.