|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
The Clinical Resource Leader (CRL) is responsible for ensuring that patient care and services are delivered in accordance with the Hospital's vision and strategic goals and quality outcomes in perianesthesia patient care in Perianesthesia Unit, Preadmiss ion clinic and outpatient clinics, Ambulatory Procedures PAC and Day Surgery. The CRL advances professional practice and clinical care excellence through the design and implementation of educational programs and clinical processes that enable staff to de liver safe, excellent patient and family centered care. The CRL provides leadership with the Manager to ensure patient and staff safety practices are maintained, engages staff in the use of evidence-based best practice, and promotes a culture of continuo us practice improvement. The role assures the development and maintenance of clinical competency through the identification of learning and practice development needs for direct care providers (RN, RPN, and PCA/attendants). The CRL shares responsibility with the Manager for ensuring mandatory education is provided and evaluation of staff performance. The CRL also promotes the professional growth of staff, encourages innovative contributions, coaches team members in critical thinking and the management of complex clinical scenarios. The role collaborates closely with the Manager for corporate change initiatives; realizing the goals of the unit and review of staff clinical performance.
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing/Health Discipline
- Masters in Nursing/Health Discipline or Education
- RN with current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Perianesthesia certificate or equivalent experience requ ired
- BCLS Certificate required
- BCLS Instructor Certificate an asset
- Adult Education Certification an asset
- Critical Care certification or experience an asset
- Minimum 5 years current experience required with both clinical and leadership experience in the preparation for and provision of perianesthesia care
- Sound knowledge of adult education theory and experience in designing, delivering, and evaluating ed ucational programs
- Excellent communication, coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills combined with the ability to teach in a classroom and clinical setting
- Use of innovative educational modalities, such as simulation and eLearning is an as set
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain partnerships with multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Ability to act as a change agent and manage projects
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and troubleshoot with critical and creative th inking ability
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed within scope of responsibility; has initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a healthy workplace including fair and equitable work practices.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer software, including MS office
- Membership and active involvement in related professional organizations
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toron to East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities