|Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.|
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.
As part of a multi disciplinary team the RN will have an opportunity to participate on a community based outreach team. The primary focus will be to provide, to persons with serious long term mental illness, clinical management, support and skill teachin g in the environment of the client's choice. Reporting to the Manager, the RN will carry a client caseload and work collaboratively with other team members.
The RN will share their discipline specific knowledge with the team to ensure clients physical a nd mental wellness is optimized. The RN may offer client groups.
- Current Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses in Ontario
- BCLS Required
- 2 years of recent relevant clinical experience in a mental health setting preferred
- 1 year of recent relevant experience nursing in a community setting with clients in the mental health system required.
- Demonstrated skills in psychosocial asse ssments, counseling and crisis management required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ACT model and the Recovery model required.
- Demonstrated Familiarity with the Mental Health Act and other related legislation required.
- Strong communication (wri tten & verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated computer proficiency required (familiarity with TREAT, Microsoft Office is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to provide ongoing education to clients to support client foc used care
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills; proven ability to problem solving required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a highly skilled multidisciplinary team required
- D emonstrated ability to be self-directed and to work well independently required
- Demonstrated motivation to pursue educational goals and remain current
- Demonstrated knowledge of substance misuse and clients suffering with concurrent disorders woul d be preferred
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
|The Advantages of Working at MGH
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Tuition Assistance
- Patient-focused Care
- Shared Governance
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
- New Graduate Opportunities