The successful applicant will be employed by North Shore Community Support Services, Inc. and reporting to the Executive Director. In this position you provide interdisciplinary, clinical outpatient psycho-geriatric consultation in the East Algoma catchment area, a largely rural area. You will work with elderly people, 65 years and older, with age related mental health problems referred by their family physician, other parthers and family. You will provide comprehensive nursing assessments, cognitive testing, diagnosis, treatment recommendations, referrals as indicated and limited follow-up.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Maintains a clinical caseload
- Provides comprehensive client-centered mental status assessments, consultations, treatment, follow-up and discharge planning
- Initiates and evaluates the treatment and ongoing care plan, collaborates with consulting psychiatrist and other health care practitioners in treatment and follow-up
- Monitors and documents/reports clients' progress using standardized assessment tools and other evaluation methodologies and monitors response to therapeutic interventions and makes appropriate recommendations
- Monitors treatment modalities for efficacy and adverse reactions including pharmacological interventions and non-pharmacological interventions
- Liaises with the most appropriate physician, community agency and/or care providers communicating any significant concerns/changes in client status or additional support and educational needs required
- Provides education and preventative teaching to client, caregiver and/or care provider and/or community agency staff regarding illness/area of concern
- Supports, mentors and provides leadership to colleagues, students and others to support clinical practice
- Psychiatric nursing experience & current registration with the CNO
and First Aid/CPR
- Minimum of 3 years (preferred) of related clinical experience. Providing community-based assessment, consultation, treatment, education and community development
- Sound knowledge and theory and practice in Adult Mental Health/Psychiatry/Geriatric and community-based care
- Valid Driver's License/Road Worthy Vehicle, willing to travel
- Current Criminal Record Check
- A working knowledge of French
- Good communication and reporting skills, competency in Windows7, MS Office 2013, CRMS (client Data software), Internet and E-mail, fax and printer use.
All positions will comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives of North Shore Community Support Services, Inc. ...partnering for Mental Health and Addiction Wellness
Please apply to: North Shore Community Support Services, Inc., Personnel Committee, email@example.com
1 Newfoundland Walk, Elliot Lake, On, P5A 1Z5
By: February 16, 2018 or before.