Copernicus Lodge is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to fill the casual role of REGISTERED NURSE. This position reports to the DIRECTOR OF CARE and works in partnership and collaboration with the multi-disciplinary and senior management team.
- Management of a Nursing Unit
- Planning, Implementing and Assessing Resident Care
- Administering medication
- Routine Assignments
- Family Counseling
- Maintain current and up to date computerized Care Plans
- Must possess and supply annually an appropriate certificate of Registered Nurse (RN) license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post-secondary education in nursing is required (as per licensing requirements)
- Post- secondary education in gerontology or related fields, is desirable
- Must possess and supply annually a current CPR Certification
- Knowledge of Polish language and customs is an asset
- Must make a genuine effort to learn basic words and phrases to assist in the provision of resident care & services
- Minimum two year experience as an RN in Geriatric
- Possesses management and communication skills
- Ability to work shifts/flexible hours including weekends
- Knowledge of Computerized Care Plans is an asset.
- Submission of a Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a condition of employment.
Please note that accommodations can be made by request in the hiring process in accordance with AODA legislation. We would like to thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Sample: We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.